From Elvanör's Technical WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Basics of IRC
- In IRC, a network consists of several servers that are interconnected. Usually, you should register your nickname with a server.
- To link one of your secondary nicknames to your primary one, use:
/msg nickserv link <primary-nick> <your-password>
- A IRC cloak allows you to hide your IP address. You can obtain it from the IRC Freenode admins.
- Watch out the server window: commands such as /whois output to this window.
- In the User information dialog, the username is used to produce for example email@example.com, while the real name affects the output of /whois.